Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Willard Saint-Clair Palmer Jr (BHS '48) 1929-2004


Willard Saint-Clair Palmer
November 3, 1929 - July 1, 2004

Little Will, as we called him, was my cousin, the son of my father's brother. He was the only male cousin of the 5 Palmer brothers and we had lost touch with all our Palmer cousins until a few days ago when we connected with Willard's son and daughter-in-law, Greg and Teresa.

Then we were able to connect with Willard's sister, Marlene Palmer Burke, who we had not talked to since the 1950's. How wonderful to reconnect after all these years! Now we hope to meet up this summer in Burbank when I come out for the Centennial in July.

Many thanks to Herb Vincent ('46) and Linda Mustion ('67) for helping get this information.

Cathy Palmer
BHS '67


Willard graduated from Burbank High School in 1948, received a football scholarship to UCLA and then went into the Air Force and finally became a physicist.


Edna Palmer with her five sons: Gene #5, Bob #3. Willard Sr #2, Gordon (my father) #1, Charles #4

The Palmer Clan in 1949

Willard Jr is standing 2nd from right, between his sister, Marlene, and his father. I am a baby being held my by father with my sisters Susie and Patty to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment