Thursday, November 13, 2014

Gordon Palmer on Location in Egypt



Back in 1954 maybe 1953, my dad while working as a Grip for the Hollywood studios went to Egypt to work on the movie, The Ten Commandments.

Here is the link to a few of his photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ut1MHum3Mk8Q6vmJ2

NOVEMBER 29, 2022 UPDATE

Just watched this great video about the making of the movie The Ten Commandments!

  

Here's my comment on YouTube: "This is great to watch! My dad, Gordon Palmer (1899-1976), was a Grip at Paramount and worked on this movie both at the studio and in Egypt. He brought home all kinds of amazing souvenirs, the most important was a small bible for each of his three daughters that he got at St Catherine's monastery. I just now realize that six months after he passed away, I prayed to become a Christian! Anyway, my first trip overseas was forty years after the movie was made, to Israel which included a surprise visit to Egypt, hiking up Mt Sinai to see the sunrise. Later in 2000, I went to Bible School and from 2002-2005, I was a missionary living in Germany, traveling with teams sharing Jesus Christ in Europe esp where communism had take root. I like to tell folks that my father worked on the movie the Ten Commandments but my Heavenly Father wrote the Ten Commandments!"

No comments:

Post a Comment